Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week of April 11, 2011: HORSE "I obey right away."




We had an awesome day in school today! My 3 year old S~ is coming along beautifully, and surprised me today! She has been working so hard on recognizing her ABC's this year. We had a rough go at it in the beginning with her only recognizing 12 of them, but she knows them all but 2 of them, which she gets confused "V" & "Y". I'm so thrilled with her progress!


We also opened up her Big Preschool workbook to a new section today! She looked at the pictures and picked out which letter started the word. She did fantastic, I was super impressed!


A~ my 5 year old also worked on her long list of words for this week, she reads each of them by herself out loud then I ask her to circle or put an X over certain words, then she has to find which words I say. And again she did fantastic!


Then we learned all about "Horses". We learned that a LONG time ago we didn't have cars! Instead people used covered wagons drawn by horse in order to travel. We learned that a well trained horse obeys right away, just as God wants us to obey right away! We learned the verse Collossians 3:20 "Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord." Then we ended our lesson with the movie "Black Stallion"

No comments:

Post a Comment