Thursday, August 12, 2010

August 12, 2010- THE MOON "I am the light of the world"




So today was more of a fun learning day for us. We still learned about the moon today however today we learned how different it looked in size because of the distance apart we are from it on the earth. Daddy and I built the girls a space ship so that we could travel to the moon and explore! We put a table cloth over the kitchen table and hung stars from the fan, along with the moon (since we started on the earth). We even made the girls space helmets to wear in the ship and on the moon.




So we loaded all the girls into the space ship, and did a count down! Daddy stood outside the table and shook it and we stomped our feet to make it as realistic as we could. Once we landed on the moon we were able to see the sun and the earth! The girls really loved it!! Even baby E- was lovin her space hat!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys do an AMAZING job of teaching your girls. Do you use the "My Father's World curriculum"?? I could find Preschool curriculum exactly...what I found was called Kindergarten curriculum. Is that what you use with your 4yr old and 3yr old?? Your blog is great...VERY inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christi, Yes we use "My fathers world" we use the Kindergarten for both the 4 year old and 3 year old. I will probably repeat it for the 3 year old next year but my 4 year old has picked things up very well!!

    ReplyDelete