Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 12, 2010: TURTLE- "I don't quit; I persevere."




Today we added something a little new into the mix. "The number cup." We write numbers on a piece of paper and the girls tell me what number it is before they put it in the cup! We'll do more with this later.




Then we made a turtle today! WE took two paper plates and the girls painted the bottom of them green. While they did that I cut out the head, legs, and tail on green construction paper.



Then they both glued on eyes, and drew a mouth, nose, eye lashes, and even glasses!




Then we stapled them together with all their parts, and made our turtles. The girls were so excited!! They LOVED them!!




But of course no turtle is complete without names! I told my husband you can really tell a difference in their personalities by the names they gave their turtles "CHUCKY" (A) and "Princess Turtle" (S) lol

We also went over what God says about Persevering!

Philippians 3:13-14 "...But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

Hebrews 12:1 "...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Galations 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up"

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really need to check out this curriculum you are using. I love the hands on stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete